By Philipp K. Janert
Gnuplot in motion, moment Edition is a tremendous revision of this well known and authoritative advisor for builders, engineers, and scientists who are looking to examine and use gnuplot successfully. absolutely up to date for gnuplot model five, the e-book contains 4 pages of colour illustrations and 4 bonus appendixes on hand within the eBook.
Purchase of the print ebook features a unfastened book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Gnuplot is an open-source images software that is helping you study, interpret, and current numerical info. on hand for Unix, Mac, and home windows, it truly is well-maintained, mature, and completely free.
About the Book
Gnuplot in motion, moment Edition is an enormous revision of this authoritative consultant for builders, engineers, and scientists. The publication begins with an instructional advent, by means of a scientific review of gnuplot's center good points and whole insurance of gnuplot's complicated services. skilled readers will take pleasure in the dialogue of gnuplot 5's positive aspects, together with new plot forms, more suitable textual content and colour dealing with, and aid for interactive, web-based exhibit codecs. The e-book concludes with chapters on graphical results and normal ideas for realizing facts with graphs. It contains 4 pages of colour illustrations. 3D images, false-color plots, heatmaps, and multivariate visualizations are coated in chapter-length appendixes to be had within the eBook.
Updated to hide gnuplot model 5
- Creating varieties of graphs in detail
- Animations, scripting, batch operations
- Extensive dialogue of terminals
About the Reader
No earlier event with gnuplot is needed. This e-book concentrates on functional functions of gnuplot appropriate to clients of all levels.
About the Author
Philipp ok. Janert, PhD, is a programmer and scientist. he's the writer of a number of books on information research and utilized math and has been a gnuplot strength consumer and developer for over 20 years.
Table of Contents
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
- Prelude: realizing facts with gnuplot
- Tutorial: crucial gnuplot
- The middle of the problem: the plot command
PART 2 growing GRAPHS
- Managing facts units and files
- Practical concerns: strings, loops, and history
- A catalog of styles
- Decorations: labels, arrows, and explanations
- All approximately axes
PART three getting to know TECHNICALITIES
- Color, variety, and appearance
- Terminals and output formats
- Automation, scripting, and animation
- Beyond the defaults: workflow and styles
PART four knowing DATA
- Basic ideas of graphical analysis
- Topics in graphical analysis
- Coda: realizing information with graphs