By Susan Schreibman, Ray Siemens, Visit Amazon's John Unsworth Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, John Unsworth,
This Companion offers a radical, concise evaluation of the rising box of humanities computing.
- Contains 37 unique articles written by way of leaders within the box.
- Addresses the important matters shared by way of these drawn to the topic.
- Major sections specialize in the adventure of specific disciplines in utilising computational the right way to study difficulties; the elemental ideas of humanities computing; particular functions and techniques; and construction, dissemination and archiving.
- Accompanied by means of an internet site that includes supplementary fabrics, commonplace readings within the box and essays to be integrated in destiny variations of the spouse.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Digital Humanities PDF
Best methodology books
This e-book combines the sociological exploration of individual in society with an exam of human realizing tactics and their justification within the social textile. It connects this to discussions round race/ethnicity, gender, and sophistication concerns. The publication brings jointly those components of inquiry and explores thoughts for reinforcing social examine on new racism.
* What are the strengths and boundaries of social surveys? * How can the foundations of surveying be placed into perform? * How are findings analysed and effects provided? The survey has develop into a commonplace method for amassing info and evaluations from members, businesses, and different teams.
In her learn reports, Elifcan Karacan exhibits the relation among trauma, violence and reminiscence with a selected concentrate on the occasions contemplating the 1980 army Coup d‘État in Turkey. in line with collective reminiscence theories and cultural trauma theories, the writer specializes in the reconstruction of the earlier in current occasions and reminiscence practices, akin to commemorations, anniversaries, building of memory-places (museums).
One of many hallmarks of the improvement of political technology as a self-discipline has been the production of latest methodologies through students in the discipline--methodologies which are well-suited to the research of political information. Gary King has been a pacesetter within the improvement of those new methods to the research of political info.
- In Search of a Simple Introduction to Communication
- Vandalism and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Fragebogen: Ein Arbeitsbuch
- The Idea of a Critical Theory: Habermas and the Frankfurt School (Modern European Philosophy)
- A New Agenda in (Critical) Discourse Analysis: Theory, methodology and interdisciplinarity (Discourse Approaches to Politics, Society and Culture)
Extra resources for A Companion to Digital Humanities
M. and T. D. Crawford (1973). Developing a Machine-independent Concordance Program for a Variety of Languages. In A. J. Aitken, R. W. Bailey, and N. ), The Computer and Literary Studies (pp. 309–16). Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press. Bessinger, J. B. and S. M. Parrish (1965). Literary Data Processing Conference Proceedings. White Plains, NY: IBM. Bornstein, G. and T. Tinkle (1998). The Iconic Page in Manuscript, Print, and Digital Culture. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. , S. Fisher, P.
And I. Marriott (1979a). The Oxford Concordance Project (OCP) – Part 1. ALLC Bulletin 7: 35–43. —— (1979b). The Oxford Concordance Project (OCP) – Part 2. ALLC Bulletin 7: 155–64. —— (1979c). The Oxford Concordance Project (OCP) – Part 3. ALLC Bulletin 7: 268–75. —— (1980). The Oxford Concordance Project (OCP) – Part 4. ALLC Bulletin 8: 28–35. Holmes, D. I. and R. S. Forsyth (1995). The Federalist Revisited: New Directions in Authorship Attribution. Literary and Linguistic Computing 10: 111–27.
Nor is it the place here to attempt to define ‘‘interdisciplinarity,’’ but by its very nature, humanities computing has had to embrace ‘‘the two cultures,’’ to bring the rigor and systematic unambiguous procedural methodologies characteristic of the sciences to address problems within the humanities that had hitherto been most often treated in a serendipitous fashion. 4 Hockey Beginnings: 1949 to early 1970s Unlike many other interdisciplinary experiments, humanities computing has a very wellknown beginning.